Welcome to Punk Rockers Unite! Loading in progress...

9.24.2005

Two New Bands Evolve From Blink 182















When will their debut albums be released?

Plus-44 : Album is halfway done and the album is expected to be released in October.

Angels & Airwaves : Album hits stores May 23. COUNTDOWN - ALBUM RELEASED (SIMPLY UNREAL...MY FAV CD RIGHT NOW)


Plus-44 didn't just start up overnight. We could all tell that Blink was slowly falling apart, and they knew it, too. Mark and Travis thought up this project while Blink was on tour in the UK. But how did they come up with Plus-44? The code number used to dial into the UK : +44
Plus-44's Website


Tom Delonge, front man of Blink 182 and Boxcar Racer made the announcement of his new band Angels and Airwaves on the AbsolutePunk forums. His post was met with scepticism, but was later confirmed."Hello everybody, this is a first for me, but I couldn't wait any longer. I have a new band called "Angels and Airwaves" and it is the most amazing music I have ever made by a long shot. You all must know, I didn't want Blink to go on hiatus, but it had to....you all will learn why...soon, but I swear to god, I am two songs from finishing the best fucking album anybody has heard in 20 years. In the next couple of weeks, you will all hear about the new band as well as the movie that is being made to tell the story of the album. But no matter what is said, or talked about, no matter what rumors are started, this is the best music made in decades....It is so much more powerful, emotional and melodic than Box Car and Blink put together, that I am currently shitting my pants, and your pants as well....until you hear more, all I can say is hold on, and prepare - Tom. "I love my fans, and I promise I will not let you down, the music that we all grew to charish that was made, not only will continue, but it will be much, much better...."

This post is by Tom Delonge himself and the rest can be viewed here

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says...

blink-182 is the best band they should never have brocken up

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I really dont like the way plus-44 is tryin to diss tom with their lyrics in no it isnt. If you really listen to it you will understand. I dont want to pick between the 2 Cant you see I love U both

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

yea plus 44 needs 2 drop the girl she's worthless but the lyrics to "no it isnt" are unreal and then angels and airwaves cd is pretty good 2 i highly doubt that pluss 44 is gonna have a better cd

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

I think it is a hard decision between the two. I personally like Angels and Airwaves better but thats just me. Plus 44's "No It Isn't" is a pretty awesome song.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Korey Wilson says...

no doubt about it...Angels & Airwaves blows Plus 44 out of the water right now...maybe when Plus 44's album releases then it will be a different story, but the AVA album is simply unreal. it's exactly how Tom explained it as - the best music anybody has heard in the last 20 years. the music is so good and there's not a single song on the cd thats bad. if you havent heard "Demise" by AVA, then check out that song too because it has some unbelieveable music strung together, but watch out for the ending of the song.

In my opinion, Angels & Airwaves is like taking the whole NBA and making the All-Star team...Angels & Airwaves is the All-Star team of music. They already had years upon years of experience with other bands, and they got together to made the ultimate band...and it is the best music that anybody has heard in decades.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

cool blog

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous says...

Although simply reading your these things, but I still can not help but praise from the heart, a good blog!

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger